Disconnected error in K2

• 15 April 2010
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I get this error in workspace.

Object '/82f04e10_44e0_49bc_915d_4cfe711eef17/iju1l3gu+p7bnuciyj9wdaxy_600.rem' has been disconnected or does not exist at the server. 3/31/2010

Can somebody help me on it? Not able to track this error.

Thanks,

Sunil

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14
This can occur when custom code or web services do calls in a process. These external calls are handled by the appdomain which has a default time out period of 5minutes. So if the code takes longer than that you will experience the error.
Please let me know if this is the case.
vernon
Badge

Vernon,

I didn't see any response back to your reply, so I thought I'd offer my own.
Yes, this seems to be the case with a BlackPearl based workflow at my site: custom C# code in a server event is waiting on a mixture of web and WCF based services to complete when the "Object '<long alpha-numeric here>.rem' has been disconnected or does not exist at the server." error state occurs.  In my case, I am calling services to move files from MOSS 2007 to another non-MOSS repository.  When the list of files is fairly short (haven't been able to pin-point the exact figure), everything works perfectly.  Large files seem to have no problem moving either.  My local admins suggested I try tightening my code, specifically closing all open objects and connections and increasing timeout values for the services.  I've done all of this, but I still get the same error.  Is there something that needs to be changed on the BlackPearl server side?  A default config parameter perhaps?  Any advice would be helpful.  Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

I’m not aware of any workaround for this issue, but it has been logged with K2 as an enhancement to be able to manually se the timeout for the appdomain. So for now the only thing you can do is optimize the code or perhaps split the code up between events if possible. The issue is that the remoting thread times out and the code is dropped.

Vernon