SharePoint 2013 Workflow K2 and MSSQL DB

Badge +2

So I have been frustrated using K2 with Sharepoint and Visual Studio 2013. I can create a SmartObject for the sharepoint list and I can see it in the Context Browser of VS 2013. I created a SQL Service Instance to my table in my DB and can create a smartobject of the table as well. I have to use a workflow that needs to be triggered from the list, the WF takes the list items and updates it in the table on the DB. I even deployed said workflow in VS 2013 and all is successful, I just cannot find that workflow anywhere to trigger, when I see all associated workflows for the list there are none. Please help, I attended the Blackpearl and SmartForms training but it does not cover any of the stuff that I need to do and I can't find any tutorials etc. anywhere.

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Jaceues,

First, can you confirm that you are using the K2 SharePoint app to view the and see the related workflow.  This is the K2 icon (labeled Application in the K2 section) in the SharePoint ribbon that allows you to configure the K2 app for this List.  If you do not see these icons or there is an error running them, then you have a problem with your SharePoint integration.

From there you should see your SmartObject, but it is normal not to see the workflow here.  Since the workflow was created in Visual Studio, it is normal for it not to display here, because it cannot be edited with the web-based workflow editor.

You should be able to see the workflow by going to K2 Workspace.  At the top go to Management -> Management Console, then expand the tree Worklfow Server -> Proceses. From there you should be able to find the workflow you created and see if there are any active instances or any errors.

I would then first check to make sure it is all hooked up to SharePoint properly and getting triggered.  If not, then it may be a problem with the SharePoint inegration.

Nathan

Badge +2

Thanks Nathan,

I will give it a whirl. I think I may be confusing the SharePoint K2 App with the .kprx file deploying to another server entirely. I thought there would be a way to execute the workflow in Visual Studio for testing purposes.