Help with calendar-based workflow and autopopulating events

• 13 October 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I'm pretty new to Nintex and workflows in general.  I have been tasked with building a workflow based on a calendar list in SharePoint 2010 where, when I create a specific kind of event (a meeting), another event (this one a range of days) automatically populates based on the date of the first event (a range of 5 days--from 18 days before the meeting date to 13 days before). The research I’ve done suggests I’ll need to use the Query List and Calculate Date actions before I can even think about getting to the Create Item action, but I am at a complete loss as to how to configure either of them to achieve the result I need.  Has anyone dealt with a workflow like this before?  I’ve spent a week Googling for advice and haven’t had any luck.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

What I understood is that you want to run a workflow after a new event has been created in the calendar.

The workflow should add related events 13 days and 18 days in advance to your created meeting.

Is that correct? If so I'd do the following:

To create the date 13 days in advance:

calculate the date:

209669_pastedImage_1.png

do the same for the end date of the new item:

209670_pastedImage_2.png

create the item with the calculated date:

209671_pastedImage_3.png

So it should look like this:

209672_pastedImage_4.png

Do the same for the event 18 days ahead.

Does this help somehow?

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +1

Thanks for getting back to me!  I set up the workflow as described above, but it keeps throwing an error when it gets to the action that calculates the end date (it calculates the start date without a problem).  My variables are all in date/time format, I've tried altering the Days value in case this was the issue... Nothing works.  Any idea what's going on?  Your solution makes sense, and I can't figure out why it won't work.

Badge +1

Actually, never mind--I don't know what was going on, but I deleted the workflow I'd built, rebuilt it, and now it's working just fine.  Thank you so much for your help!