Metadata Mapping - Sharepoint Events Process Property Wizard

• 1 September 2008
  • 7 replies

Badge +8

hi,
Within the sharepoint events process propterty wizard it is possible to map sharepoint list columns (metadata) to process xml fields.
In my sharepoint list I also have custom columns like "URL", "Company location", "Company Adress". But when I map the these fields to process xml fields the process xml fields are empty except the xml field which is mapped to the standard sharepoint colum "title".

The process is started when a list item is deleted. So it is necessary for me to save the metadata by usining events process property wizard. It is not possible to use the sharepoint list item event to save the metadata in process xml fields because within this event the metadata (and listitem) is not accessable ...it has been deleted (to trigger the process).

I hope you understand my problem description :-/
thank you
Jochen

15926i37074236505C6B70.jpg

7 replies

Badge +4

Hi Jochen,

Did you try to map the meta data to K2 datafields, instead of XMLfield?

The draw back is that you have to create one field at a time.

I had more success rate using data-field. (however, sometimes one or 2 fields value are missing).

=====

There is another proposition for you and I'm not sure it is feasible to your solution.

Create a column or meta data in your list, then trigger the workflow using an UPDATE event instead of DELETE. 

Then after you read all the Meta Data to K2,  ask K2 to delete the item using the SharePoint Item wizard.

Hope this helps,

Regards, 

Badge +8

I have created two k2 process data fields (objektname, orl) and then I ran throught the wizard  and mapped two of the metadata fields (title and url) to those k2 fields. But unfortunately none of the k2 datafields have values!

11406i5EF689D5BB6E4D68.jpg
Badge +4

I had a similar experiece, the only thing I could get back was the title and the rest of my metadata was empty.

Does your list item id come back correctly or maybe your list item title?  If so there is a few ways you can extract the list metadata. 

In the first event of your process try one of the following ways to get your metadata back:

http://www.k2underground.com/forums/thread/24575.aspx

Also if it is an option try the new beta release 0807, I am expecting some fixes around the Sharepoint Events processes.

Badge +8

The problem in my situation is that the process is started when a list item is deleted. In sharepoint there are some ways of deleting list items.

1) through the context menu (besides the column name). Here only one click is necessary to delete
2) when you click on "name" and then edit properties; then there is on the top a button to delete the list item. here a two clicks necessary.

Now in the k2 process in the first event of the process I am trying to get the list item metadata through the sharepoint list item event. I am using the listItem Id (SPEventField) to get the data.

When I am deleting an item using the option "1" all is ok. I am getting the metadata. But if I am using "2" I don`t get the metadata because the list item id (SPEventField) is empty??! Strange!

Badge +3

I had the same issue and submitted a trouble ticket a few months ago. K2 determined that it was indeed a bug and that it would be fixed in a future release. I have not had a chance to determine if it is fixed in 0807 yet, because now there seems to be a new bug in 0807 and I can't event complete the SharePoint Events Process integration wizard. Is anyone seeing this problem too?

I drop the SharePoint Events Process wizard onto the canvas > pick "Events for List and Library Items" > Click "Browse" to specify the Document Library to monitor (this worked completely fine in 0803) > but now I get a new dialog that says "Please provide design time values for the following." and wants me to specify the SharePoint site URL even though it is already correctly filled in with the value stored in the Environment Library for the SharePoint service > and when I click OK I get a validation error that says "This protocol version is not supported."

What is going on!!!??? Anyone see this?

SharePoint Events Process wizard error in 0807 

Badge +9

There is an internal patch for 0803 which fixes this issue.  Submit a request to K2 support for the patch (KB000276).

Other than that it will also be included in 0807.

Badge +3
icon-quote.gifjohnny:

There is an internal patch for 0803 which fixes this issue.  Submit a request to K2 support for the patch (KB000276).

Other than that it will also be included in 0807.

Are you referring to the original post, or my post? If the latter, unfortunately, this is the whole problem. My 0803 installation worked FINE (except that it didn't pull all the metadata properties for a Doc Lib of course, but it could at least add the SharePoint Events Process integration to a Doc Lib). I upgraded to the first release of 0807 (not beta) and it broke according to what I described above. Now I cannot even add the SharePoints Events Process integration to a new workflow at all.

I have an open ticket with a status that says the bug has been documented and K2 is working hard to get it patched in the next release of 0807 here soon. I hope it is soon!

Thanks.