cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Summary of Task

Jump to solution

I have a site workflow that queries a Tasks list and send out one email to the assignees.  Within this site workflow can I add reminders for 7 days and 2 days before the due date?  Would I do an If on the due date?  

I'm just not sure the best way to do it.

Thanks

Kim

Labels: (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Summary of Task

Jump to solution

@kwilliams ....Yes you can do this. Follow below steps:

• Get today's date and store it in the variable
  • Use parallel branch:
    • Use calculate date action and using above variable, put -7 in days field
    • Store it in a variable called dt_7DayReminderDate
    • Follow the same logic for -2 in another branch
    • Store it in dt_2DayReminderDate
  • Using QL action, get the IDs, Assignees and Due Dates and store it in collection, I'll filter the QL where status is not started
  • Using For loop, get each ID and also the index and store it in num_Index variable
  • Using collection operation and above num_Index get the Due Date
  • Using collection operation and above num_Index get the Assignee
  • Using RunIF action check if Due Date is equal to dt_7DayReminderDate, if it is then send your 7 day reminder
  • Add another RunIF action for 2 day reminder
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution
  • Get today's date and store it in the variable - I set variable as Workflow Context - Current Date
  • Use parallel branch: Can I add my parallel branch after my initial email notification
  • Using QL action, get the IDs, Assignees and Due Dates and store it in collection, I'll filter the QL where status is not started - I'm using QL to get the Assigned To Collection and then I Remove Duplicates from that collection
  • Using For loop, get each ID and also the index and store it in num_Index variable - My For Each Loop gets the Individual Assigned To and stores it in a variable.  Set 2 Variables, one for Assigned_TO_ID and one for Status.  QL again for Not Completed and Assigned ToUserID.
    This is where I'm not sure what to do next?
  • Using RunIF action check if Due Date is equal to dt_7DayReminderDate, if it is then send your 7 day reminder
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

@kwilliams 

• Get today's date and store it in the variable - I set variable as Workflow Context - Current Date - Instead of setting variable using set variable, if you simply use Calculate Date, you do have the option to check and set the date when that action is executed....don't include the time and in days just do -7 and save it in the variable. Instead of using 2 different action, you can combine it into 1 action.
  • Use parallel branch: Can I add my parallel branch after my initial email notification - I'm not sure what's your requirement of your initial email notification...but if this is the reminder email then you'll need to get the list of items which are due for reminders.
  • Using QL action, get the IDs, Assignees and Due Dates and store it in collection, I'll filter the QL where status is not started - I'm using QL to get the Assigned To Collection and then I Remove Duplicates from that collection - Instead of getting assignees and removing duplicates and then querying again, you can achieve all these in 1 steps using my approach.
  • Using For loop, get each ID and also the index and store it in num_Index variable - My For Each Loop gets the Individual Assigned To and stores it in a variable.  Set 2 Variables, one for Assigned_TO_ID and one for Status.  QL again for Not Completed and Assigned ToUserID.
    This is where I'm not sure what to do next? - If you follow my approach, you can filter your items in 1st QL and get IDs, assignees & due dates. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Thank you again for your help, much appreciated.

I think it'll run without any problems, but I wanted to run a test first to see the 7 day and the 2 day reminders send out.  I adjusted the due date, but since it is running on when the workflow is kicked off, I was hoping to be able to base it off the Due Date in the Tasks list.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

@kwilliams .....you can schedule this workflow to run daily.

0 Kudos