cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Workflow Hero

Show panel based on multiple conditions in a rule

Hi

I am hoping someone can help. I have been trying to do this for days without any success.

I want  to show a panel when two or three conditions equal a string value in dropdown controls boxes in the form.

I have 2 scenarios:

1)

Hide Panel:

IF riskRating does not equal "Low"

AND projectType does not equal "String1" 

OR projectType does not equal "String2" 

OR projectType does not equal "String3"

2)

Hide Panel:

IF projectType does not equal "String1" 

OR projectType does not equal "String2" 

OR projectType does not equal "String3"

I really appreciate any guidance in making this work. 

Thanks in advance

Nintex 2013 2.10.2.0 for SharePoint Enterprise on-prem

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Show panel based on multiple conditions in a rule

Hi Harry Riyait,

In a rule you need to think in logic pairs: And(condition1,Or(condition2,OR(condition3,condition4))). For which Project Types should the panel be shown? Currently this part will always be TRUE; projType=String1 != String2 -> TRUE, PrjType=String4 != String1/2/3 -> TRUE, If you mean to hide the panel for ProjType string4 and onward, then OR should be an AND.

In rules you need to use the control values, not the Item Properties, but this you probably already knew.

If the dropdown comes from a list lookup, put the control value in a parseLookup() inside your rule; of course if it is a Choice column then parseLookup is not needed.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Thanks Jean-Pierre Huls

If I understand correctly then (not so sure), this formula would hide the panel if riskRating is "L" and projType is "1" or projType is "2" or projType is "3" :

AND(RiskRating,"L"),AND(projType,"string1",OR("string2"),or("string3")))

and to judge just three values:

or(projType,"String1",or("String2"),or("String3"))

??

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Your formula would actually look like:

And(Not(Equals(RiskRating,"L")),OR(Equals(projType,"1"),OR(Equals(projType,"2"),Equals(projType,"3"))))

And would hide the panel if RiskRating != "L" and (projType = "1", "2" OR "3"), or in other words the panel is visible if (RiskRating = "L") or (projType != "1", "2" or 3)

Sometimes it's worthwhile to put the conditions for showing the panel next to the conditions for hiding the panel. Hiding is also often true if NOT(show conditions).

Accept as Solution Reply