Remove integrated forms within processes

• 12 August 2008
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

We are trying to remove all reference to a previously integrated Infopath form in a process within Visual Studio. We have done the following:

1. Removed all InfoPath Client Events in the process

2. Run InfoPath Integration and removed the form in the process

3. Removed the form from the InfoPath Form template folder in the process.

We then saved and closed / reopened the project, and dragged on our new InfoPath Client Events, which opened the InfoPath Integration wizard and added the new form. Once completed, we deployed, and noticed that in the output, it is creating references to versions of the previous form (i.e. FinalLoading1.xsn, FinalLoading11.xsn). This is causing errors when running the process, as the form will not load, as xml fields in the old forms are being referenced.

Example: our main look-up field is named DealPack ID. The server event should populate an xml field on FinalLoadingForm.xsn, but is trying to populate it on FinalLoadingForm1.xsn etc.

How do we remove all references to the previously integrated forms, and then run the Integration Wizard to set the new form up, without re-generating references to old versions of the form?

2 replies

Badge +9
It sounds like you did everything right, but here is what you can do to be sure.  Delete your 'Extender projects' folder, and then do a file search in visual studio for any files in your project that still contain the name of the old infopath form.  I've seen it get stuck in the project file from time to time, though I never noticed it getting included in a build.  Definitely check through your process files that were integrated with the old infopath form.  Good luck, post your findings here so we can all benefit!
Badge +9

I tried the following with an existing deployed process and it worked fine.

1. Launch the Process InfoPath Wizard.  Under the Workflow Form Templates, add the new InfoPath form
  2. Specify the deployment location and the change the Process Start details from the old form to the new form.  Complete the wizard.
  3. Now go to every InfoPath client wizard and change the form template to the new form.
  4. Now go back to the Process InfoPath Wizard.  Under the Workflow Form Templates, remove the old InfoPath form.  As you have removed all the client and process level references to the old form, this should remove successfully.
  5. In the solution explorer, delete off the old infopath template under the InfoPath Form Templates folder.
  6. Now you can deploy your process with the new form.