Forms - Change default layout from desktop to mobile

• 9 December 2015
  • 6 replies

Badge +11

Hi

I want to delete the desktop form layout and keep the mobile layout. Is it possible to change the default layout?

Thanks

Joanne

6 replies

Badge +17

Joanne,

From what I know, you cannot delete the default layout as its the one layout you want to access if you have any issues. If you are using mobile, you should be fine as the default desktop layout will not appear. 

If you are using mobile and want to force a specific layout, try using the Nintex Mobile layouts and download the Nintex Mobile App.  This interacts specifically with the Nintex specific layouts and no other layouts will show up there.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

So after creating a huge form for mobile, I decided to replace the desktop layout with the mobile layout that I had worked so hard on. Now the desktop view will not display at all. Do I need to reset the form? Will this delete my mobile layout?

Thanks

Kassie

in addition... I'm kind of freaking out. Am I going to have to start over? This form has taken me FOREVER!

Badge +11

Hi Kassie

Why did you replace the desktop layout with the mobile layout? And how did you do it?

Isn't the mobile layout still there?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

The mobile layout is still there. I just replaced the desktop layout because I thought it would be quicker than recreating it for desktop. :-/ But now I cant fill in the from or view it from the desktop. Help!

I just click on the desktop layout, selected Replace With Layout and selected the mobile layout. I thought it would just match the locations of the fields and labels. Apparently I was wrong.

Ok, I've tried the same thing on another form and it still shows up on the desktop view... what did I do?

Badge +11

I've never gone that way before. I normally create the desktop form and then the mobile can easily be created from that. I only need to tweak the mobile form after that.

So I just tried going from mobile to desktop with no problem. I would check the desktop form's settings and perhaps rules. In the settings under Appearance -> Layout CSS class, I have a mobile form class (nf-nintexmobile-form). There could be other things that should not be in the desktop form's settings. Is there anything in the custom JavaScript that might be causing the problem? I also know that the syntax is slightly differently between mobile and desktop for some rules.

A good option in future is to export the form prior to doing something major like this. Then if it doesn't work, you can import it back in.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

That's true, it was a total noob move. This is only my second form.

I did add some JS to the mobile form. I'll try removing this.