How to change data on InfoPath form and current task midstream based on org changes

• 3 April 2012
  • 0 replies

Badge +1

I submitted this a few weeks back and no responses yet.  Figured I would try once more in case it got buried by more recent posts.  Basically, I just need to know how to change data that has been posted to the K2 BlackPoint server.  I know you can redirect or delegate an activity manually, but it would be nice if it could be done programmatically, like in response to a re-org or termination.  We're having a hard time right now with data integrity because of this.

----Original post----

Having K2 house all of the submitted data is perplexing me!  Here's a scenario, please advise on how you would handle:

• an employee submits an integrated InfoPath form for some type of request that involves various approvals.  For example, his manager and then his director.
  • the workflow creates an approval task for the manager or the VP and it is sitting at this state.
  • the employee's manager changes, or the VP changes and you need the InfoPath form currently inside of the K2 database to be updated (because there is a field for both of these roles on the form itself) and you need the current task to be redirected to the new manager or VP.

What is the best practices approach for handling this with K2?  Let's assume that we have an external process that can be the source for the most current organizational data, be it AD or some database or a SharePoint list.  How do you change InfoPath and task data once it's submitted to K2?  Is there a web service or some other means of writing code to do this?

In a similar manner, I'm trying to write a SharePoint timer job that will handle custom reminders for workflow tasks that are not completed.  If the data were in SharePoint lists it would be a piece of cake, but I have no idea how to get to the true (not copied) source data in its current state.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!