Updating Item reference on Workflow Designer after smart object has been updated.

• 14 December 2015
  • 3 replies

Badge +8

Hello,

Is there some sort of process to update the smart object in Workflow Designer after making changes to the smart object? It seems like the changes are picked up everywhere but Workflow Designer. For the life of me I cannot get the Workflow Designer to pick up the new fields in the Item Reference. I can even create a new workflow and use the same smart object and the new workflow is not picking up the changes either. If I create a new smart object and build a workflow using the new smart object the item reference reflects all of the fields from the smart object. Creating a new smart object every time there is a change is a terrible way to build forms. I do not believe this is the way K2 Blackpearl is designed. I would assume that any changes made to the smart object would immediately show in the view and the workflow item reference. I really hope I am assuming right and there is a simple fix for my problem. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

3 replies

Badge +7

@BryanPeters, 

Please eleaborate on the what changes were made to the smartobject and wherer you made the changes. Are you using K2 for sharepoint for your workflow or K2 Designer or K2 Studio. 

Please include screenshots on what you are referring to as far as the item reference that is suppose to change. 

Thanks

Chadg

Badge +8

I am using K2 Blackpearl. I am designing everything in Designer. We added columns at the database level and then refreshed the smart object and service instance. The changes reflect everywhere but in the workflow item reference. I am trying to add an outcome rule where the workflow has the logic to start one process or another based on a variable in the form. On an outcome youcan click the checkbox to choose the outcome and then choose the edit option. When adding an outcome rule the item reference is on the top of the list. This points to the smart object. However, none of the added fields will show up in the workflow.

Thanks

Badge +7

On the form rule that starts the workflow, can you click (configure) and make sure the data is being transferred properly and there are no errors.

If that does not help please provide screen shots of where the datafields are coming from. Thank You.