cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Workflow Hero

Set Nintex People Picker to read Only on the form?

Is anyway to set a people picket field to read only?

I can disable it  using the form properties but I am using the API to set the people picker on the form.   When set to disabled, the value does not save.   I need to have a way to set the field to read only so the value is saved.

5 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Set Nintex People Picker to read Only on the form?

Good Morning Bruce Stemplewski​,

Have you tried changing your People Picker Control's mode to Display as opposed to auto/edit? You can do so through right-clicking your control and updating the Control Mode property within the Advanced accordion.

When I make this change, I get a "read-only" type view in edit mode. Is this what you're after?

Not applicable

Keep us posted on your progress, Bruce Stemplewski​! Good luck!

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Setting the Control mode to Display caused the control to not be rendered at all in Edit mode, so that's not good...

I tried using a Nintex rule to disable it but that didn't work either (maybe a bug?)

The only other thing I can think of is placing the People picker inside a Panel and then making the Panel disabled via Nintex rules... if that doesn't work either, then you'll probably need to use jQuery.

Workflow Hero

I can't make it Display because  I need to be able to set the value with an API call.

This works for my coworker  but it does not work for me.   He needs to re-enable SOA in PreSaveAction

var soa = NWF$('#' + SOA);

//Read Only Columns

soa.attr("disabled", "true");

One idea I had was to use a calculated value but it shows the login ID rather than the actual name.

This is so frustrating.   I spend more hours on simple little things like this that should be easy to do.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

The way around it is to have 2 people picker controls for the same list value, one for display and one for updating value.

1. Set the people picker as a readonly by selecting advanced mode-> control mode-> display.

2. Set the second people picker control  by selecting Appearance -> Visible -> false.

0 Kudos