Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MarcoB
Nintex Newbie

Set Field Value based on selected Tab

Jump to solution

Hi...new to the forum so i hope this is an easy one!

I created a fairly simple form, with 3 tabs from a Choice control.  I also have a SharePoint column with the exact same choices.

Since rendering as Option Buttons do not appear to allow you to connect it to the SharePoint List column,   I cannot figure out how to get the value (or choice) selected and set it to my SharePoint list  column.  

All i want to do is get the field value from the tab selected and store it my SharePoint list.

any ideas?
thanks!

Labels: (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
emha
Nintex Newbie

Re: Set Field Value based on selected Tab

Jump to solution

why wouldn't you be able to connect choice control to a list field?

it doesn't depend on how it is rendered.

the easiet way to get it working is to drag&drop list field onto design canvas and then configured respective rendering options.

(but otherway round it's possiblemas well)

i.jpg

0 Kudos
MarcoB
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Emha....thanks for the reply.

That's what i wanted and expected to do...just simply connect the choice control to the list field.

But as soon as i connect the choice field, my option to have buttons/tabs options disappear.  THere is no way to change the Display Format back to Buttons.

BEFORE...not connected.  The result would be buttons or tabs like i had wanted:
before.png

and once i connect it, it no longer renders as buttons (or tabs)...it just a dropdown

after.jpg

0 Kudos
emha
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

how do you have configured list field?

it has to be configured as 'radio buttons' so that 'render as buttons' option appears.

0 Kudos
MarcoB
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

thanks Emha!  thats exactly it...i didn't know it had to be set to radio buttons....

0 Kudos