SharePoint Task List - Want to Expand

• 26 August 2005
  • 1 reply

Badge +2
Hello,
Currently, the K2.Net SharePoint Task list includes items assigned to an individual, but it does not include items from a manager's perspective, where they also get the work items of their subordinates. My customer likes the K2.Net SharePoint Task list interface better than the K2 Workspace / Worklist interface, since it is a 'simplier' interface. My assumption is that I can create a similar web part using the K2ROM object model (In fact, I see in the Help file an example of returning worklist items of those that 'report to me'.) Any comments? Has anyone done this? I assume that the K2.Net source code that is used for the SharePoint Task List web part is not available.

Thanks.

1 reply

Badge +9
Hi C,

The K2.net SPS Tasklist only lists your worklist items and not any managed users worklist items. You are 100% correct by saying you can design your own web part worklist to provide the required functionality using K2ROM, please refer to the K2ROM object model documentation for more information. About the source availability of our Out of the box tasklist, that is not available for distribution. :(