cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sending multiple flexi-tasks to multiple people requesting individual approvals for their specific items on a list.

I have two lists.  One list is for requests and the other is for availability of items.  Both lists have similar fields.  When there is an availability of an item (let's say an automobile), entering the auto on the one list starts a workflow to query the Request list to check for request of parts for that particular model.  I want to collect all of the requestors, send flexi-tasks to ask if they want their request filled by this certain car.  If they approve, their request item gets updated with the appropriate fields from the availability list (VIN, date of collection, etc.).  How do I send multiple flexi-tasks at once and have their approval be attached to their specific requests? Is it possible?

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: Sending multiple flexi-tasks to multiple people requesting individual approvals for their specific items on a list.

I'd do it in this way:

Create a new list named ApprovalParts

Create a new workflow ("APWF")on the list "ApprovalParts" that will start on each item creation

On your main workflow get your list of parts, loop on them and create items on "ApprovalParts", so every item you add will start APWF with a flexitask.

There more details to be considered but this is the main idea.

Accept as Solution Reply