Email notifications and worklist items

• 20 March 2009
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

Hey guys,

I have a pretty general question regarding email notifications with an url link to a task form.

Alot of time with my processes, I have to send an email notification to a group of users at once, notifying them that they have a task assigned to them.

However, there are certain business rules in my processes that would drop these tasks from some users.  An example would be a business rule that states that all 5 managers are assigned with an approval task, but as soon as 2 managers decline, the task drops off from the 3 other managers.

Another example would be an escalation/auto decline.  A user is assigned with a task, but if he does not respond within 5 working days, the system auto declines.

The problem I am having is that when these users click on their original notification with a link that goes to a task that no longer exists, they get pretty frustrated. 

Could somebody please shed some light on this one?  Thank you in advance.

Brian

1 reply

Badge +9
I suppose that if this is a concern, you could build into the process individual email events and/or escalations informing the individuals to disregard previous emails for that specific task.  Beyond somehow designing it into the process, K2 built in ability to revoke emails that had been sent previously.