Infopath and k2 Worklist Behavior

• 6 August 2009
  • 2 replies

Badge

In SharePoint when we sign as a different user, the K2 Worklist webpart still use the original login.  When we use internet explorer with "Run AS" the issue does not appear.  Is it a normal behavior when you sign as a differnet user in SharePoint?

2 replies

Badge +10

I don't believe this is normal.

The web part should use the user that is signed in on the MOSS level. I signed in as a different user on a test MOSS server while running the K2 blackpearl server in console mode and I saw the new user being authenticated to the server.

I suggest you do the same. Start the K2 blackpearl server in console mode and then sign in as a different user on MOSS. Pay attention to the user account being authenticated when the page loads. It should be the new user.

If it isn't then look at your IE settings. In my test environment the MOSS site URL was assigned to Trusted Sites and the Zone's security settings was reset to Low for both users. Also look out for any JavaScript warnings when the page loads. A small warning sign will appear in the left corner of your browser as it loads.

Hope this helps!

Badge +8

I have encountered this. When i log into the network as "user A" and switch to "User B" via login as different user in the Moss site. It lets me see and open the tasks of user B from the worklist web part but it does not allow me to approve or reject it. I think not letting user A to Approve user B's task is fine but it should allow me to open it.