Creating page approval nintex WF

• 4 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hi

Basically l currently have OOTB approval workers on any page modified.

I have set up a NWF where it looks at a certain day and runs which then should also run the above OOTB workflow but that creates duplicate task. So l need to somehow to incorporate the OOTB page approval in my NWF any suggestions 

3 replies

Badge +8

This article helped me, when tasks seem to be created multiple times: https://community.nintex.com/t5/Community-Blogs/Defensive-Workflow-Design-Part-4-Slow-Down-and-Speed-Up/ba-p/77122 

Basically add a pause action as the first action in the workflow and the duplication is gone.

In Nintex the "Set approval status" action handles approval of documents and pages

Badge +3

hi

Sorry l don't want the OOTB workflow to run if my NWF kicks off. l probably will re-create the OOTB with nintex workflow but still will have the same issue. l want the standard NWF to run if new item or item is changed but don't want it to run if the 2nd NWF runs which modifies an item if that makes sense

Badge +8

Hi,

sorry I dont understand your scenario.

You want the approval of page workflow to run each time the page is modified, but not if it is modified by another workflow?

If you have access to "SystemAccount" you can run the workflow (which updates the page) in this users context, as changes by system account will not lead to start event based workflows.

You could also use a hidden column (basically to flag the item to not be approved) and check for this column in your approval.
If hidden column DontApprove == true -> set DontApprove to false -> End Workflow
Else -> Approval logic
The field DontApprove could then be set to true for each workflow which should not lead to approval tasks.