Message: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized

• 2 February 2015
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I have created a workflow using K2 for SharePoint 2010. The workflow is attached to SharePoint list and has two steps:

1. Get the City

2(a). If the city is Houston: Send the email with specific subject

2(b). If the city is anything: Send the email with different subject

When I run the workflow it gives an error at step1, error as taken from K2 workspace is below:

Message: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.; ServiceName: SharePointMetaDataService; ServiceGuid: f2545285-bb12-47c2-84dd-c7cf619b54cd; InnerExceptionMessage: ;

Anyone can help with what the potential issue could be?

Regards,

Pawan

4 replies

Badge +10

Hi PawanJ,

Do your K2 service/ k2webservice accounts have site collection admin?  You may also wish to check the "View Flow" from the failed instance to see where the failure occured.

Regards,

Mike

Badge +1

Hi Mike,

Yes, the K2 Service account have Site Collection Admin access on the SharePoint site. As mentioned in my initial post, the error occurs in GetCity (Set Data Fields) activity.

Note: I am designing the workflow within SharePoint 2010 using K2 for SharePoint 2010.

Regards,

Pawan

Badge +10

PawanJ,

Not sure where we're running into the unauthorized situation, but the sharepoint ULS logs might be able to tell you what/who/why there is an authentication failure.  Take a peek and let us know what you find.

Regards,

Mike

Badge +1

Hi Mike,

Your original solution was correct. Somebody had removed the K2 Service Account from the Site Collection Admin group of the site and then we started getting the error. After adding the K2 Service Accoutn to Site Collection Admin, it started working like a charm.

Thanks so much for your help.

Regards,

Pawan