cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Restoring an attachment

Jump to solution

Hi guys,

I´m trying to find out how I can have this column "Attachments" from "Workflow Task" to "View Item".

Once any approver attached a file into the "Request Data" action, it´s being saved in variable and in Wokflow Task I can find it, but I want to replace it to everyone has it on "View item".

Do i have to use any specifique Action on my workflow ??

Anyone up to help me ?

Cheers,

Juliano

ex.JPG

ex2.JPG

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Restoring an attachment

Jump to solution

You can do it with Nintex Forms?

Have you Nintex Forms?

What's the last screen you are showing? How have you designed it?

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

You may be able to do the reverse of collect task attachments in list item and show all attachments in next task

Be very careful to not run a workflow on the Workflow Task list itself. It can cause the tasks to be locked.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Fernando,

I have Nintex Forms, I designed on Kalderaa Forms.

But how can I do it on NIntex forms ?

Are you Brazilian ?

Cheers,

Juliano

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Andrew,

Sorry, really didn´t understand how you did it. Little lost from where variables are coming, lists name and URL.

Cheers,

Juliano

Web Service.JPG

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Juliano,

are you saying you want the attachment that is on the task, to now become an attachment on the item the workflow is running on?

Or do you simply want a url/link on the current item that points to the attachment on the task?

cheers,

Vadim

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Vadim,

Exactly, I want the attachment from Task on the Item view... so when any approver attachs a file on "Request Data", it will show up on running workflow and anyone can see or download it.

As you can see the storing on variable it´s working properly, but it´s missing anything to take this file from Task to Item view.

Got it ?

Thank you,

Juliano

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Vadim,

As you can see i´ve triyed many column type to receive the variable which is storing the attachament from Request Data.

Anexo - Single line of text

Anexo_1 - Edit Link

Anexo_2 - Hyperlink

Anexo_3 - Picture

None of them worked properly.

Does anyone know what Column Type is the column "Attachments" ?

Thank you,

Juliano

Nintex.JPG

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Juliano,

Based on what I've seen, there's no easy way to do this.  If you want the attachment to now be attached to the item instead of the task, there's a roundabout way of doing this, but it's not obvious.

You need to start a workflow on the task that will use a Copy to SharePoint action. This will copy the attachments from the tasks to a document library.

Then you need to start a workflow on the document in the document library and have it make a Call Web Service call, to Lists.asmx.  This has an AddAttachment web method you can call.  For the binary/base64 field, you put in [FileData].  This will call will then add the current document to the item you specify in the web service call.

Hope that helps.

cheers,

Vadim

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Vadim,

Thanks for your helping.

I guess, better I convince users that they won´t be able to attach files on Request Data.... LOL

I´ve added a Content Type "Workflow Task" which contains all columns from Task View, but amanzily there is no the colum "Attachments". LOL

Being honest ? I don´t know what to do... I´ve been facing an issue about timer, when a request stays stopped a few days it gets error.. So don´t know if having a couple of workflows running together will work properly.

Anyway thank you for taking your time to help me out.

Cheers,

Juliano

0 Kudos