Help in understanding the guid-named xoml.cs files

• 16 April 2009
  • 0 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I would appreciate it very much if someone can please point me to some documentation/resource regarding modifying the generated xoml.cs files that have guid in their names and saved in some pre-determined location (eg in document settings... emp...).  It seems that these generated files are not really meant to be modified manually/directly.

Background to my situation:

I'm currently evaluating K2 blackpearl workflow features with the view of replacing the Sharepoint workflow in our application.  The toolbox for Sharepoint/WSS workflow shows a lot more items than the toolbox of a K2 process.  To replace our current workflow code, it seems to me that I have to use the Default Server Event, click view code and then directly work with the Windows Workflow designer.  If I have to do this, I cannot see the benefit of using K2.

Maybe, if someone has replaced an existing workflow sharepoint application with a K2 blackpearl, please enlighten me on how to go about this exercise, and any benefits that K2 gave you, if any.   The purpose of this evaluation of K2 blackpearl is to find a better workflow management from the developer's point of view, eg ease of maintaning the application, troubleshooting when a long-running workflow with multiple version fail.

Thanks,

Marko

0 replies

Be the first to reply!