K2 service restart - what all happens?

Badge +6

Specifically, I had a case last night where the K2 server was rebooted.  When it came back online it generated an email to an end user telling them they had a task.  The task was actually part of a process that ended 6 days ago.  Why would it generate email after the service restart?  Is there some table that contains this data that gets flushed on restart?

In another case, I had a K2 process that was generating a lot of extra email to a user who had a task.  They received 115 emails in a 4 hour period.  After restarting the K2 service, this stopped and they were able to complete their task normally.

I just find this to be odd behavior and was wondering where to look for problem indicators when we see this (rather than the magic-fairy-dust of restarting the service fixing it).  I would like to know the root cause.

2 replies

Badge +6

Hi wkucardinal,

Firstly are the mails being sent notification emails? Secondly prior to the issue did you experiance issues where assingned users for specific tasks didnt recieve emails regarding the tasks? Lastly is your K2 installation running with the default public queues (AD integrated)?

Regards,

Yannick

Badge +6

Yes, they are notification emails for task assignments.

I have not heard of anything related to this where a user would have not been receiving emails.  In fact, the users completed the process before this errant email was generated, and I highly doubt they know how to use the K2 worklist.  THis leads me to believe they completed the task off an email.

I'm not sure what you mean by default public queues, which makes me think that yes we are because I have not changed anything in this regard.  Yes we are AD Integrated.