cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stempb
Nintex Newbie

Refresh a list view control?

I have a list view control on my Nintex form.   I also have a button that displays the "children of the form"  .    The button adds a child to the parent.

I need to be able to refresh the list view after the child is added.   I found this.

https://community.nintex.com/thread/8539?q=Refesh%20a%20list

but it relies on a hard coded id so is not going to work across different sites.

I found this

Henry Chong - Nintex Forms - Refreshing the List View Web Part Programmatically / Modal Dialogs

But the call to

var ListViewWPClientID = NWF$('div.ListViewWebPart a[FilterString]:first').attr('FilterString');

returns an undefined in ListViewWPClientID.  And yes I have my css class set in the list view control.

5 Replies
stempb
Nintex Newbie

Re: Refresh a list view control?

Is anyone doing this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

for the 1st link:

you can simply call __doPostBack() without any argument, it should work as well.

note, however, it rerenders whole page, so user experience might be a bit cumbersome.

the second link refers to list view web part (not control). I'm not aware we would be able to insert web parts into nintex forms.

it's probably meant to insert nintex's list view web part into another form product.

Automation Master
Automation Master

Hi ‌, have you resolved this in any way?

0 Kudos
stempb
Nintex Newbie

I have not yet come up with a solution for  this aside from refreshing the whole page.   Has anyone else figured this out?

0 Kudos
sojanm
Nintex Newbie

If the child is holding the id of the parent , you directly filter the listview control on the parent form.

User the CAMl query option

<Eq>
<FieldRef Name='ParentIdFldInChildList' />
<Value Type='Text'>ID</Value>
</Eq>

0 Kudos