cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lrandle
Nintex Newbie

Received error "File does not begin with '%PDF-'."

I received this error (File does not begin with  '%PDF-'.) when I was using the Create an Item in another Site workflow action to move documents with metadata between site collections.

Using Nintex 2013 version 3.0.6.2

Here is how the workflow action is configured.

Any help is appreciated!

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
scalawagd
Nintex Newbie

Re: Received error "File does not begin with '%PDF-'."

Running into the same issue here.  I have a library receiving many files via email.  A site workflow loops through all of the new files and uses a "Create item in another site" to move to a daily folder inside the library (this is because the number of files is over 5k).  Then an "update item" action tags the files with metadata.  Afterwards, a delete item action runs to remove the initial file.  I am able to open the files that are received in the library successfully, but the one created in the subfolder by the workflow cannot be opened.

I receive a similar error, although line 2 is a little different.

SharePoint 2013 on-premises, Nintex Workflow 3.1.5.0

Anyone have some ideas for troubleshooting, or , were you able to resolve this?  I thought it might have something to do with the filename that was being set during that action, but I have not been able to come up with anything in the name that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Brian

0 Kudos
jack220
Nintex Newbie

Re: Received error "File does not begin with '%PDF-'."

This might have already addressed but in case if some one is looking for it: 

This action cannot be used to copy the document. Attachement is not copies so you are receiving this error.

0 Kudos