The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized

• 14 December 2007
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hello All,

I have created a sample work flow in the K2.net and created a list in the sharepoint with Column Names EmpNo, Firstname, Lastname, DeptNo. and used SharePoint 2003 List to link Sharepoint site list(Name EMP), Im able to get all the required information while running template. (i.e. i mean when i give server name,site directory name, im able to see the list i want to link with K2.net), and values are passing from VS2005(.aspx pages) to K2.net datafields, these fileds are linked with sharepoint list column names,.

when i run my application im sure that im getting values to K2.net datafields, but not able to create new list item in the share point list. In the K2.net service manager it is shwing the following error in the error profile.

System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at K2SPSList.CreateListItem(String SiteUrl, String ListName, String xmlListItems, Int32& ListItemId, String& ErrorMessage)
   at K2Code6830.Main(ServerEventContext& K2) 

please help me.

Thanks

1 reply

Badge +9

The first thing I'd check is to make sure that the identity that is running the K2 Service Account has the proper permissions in SharePoint to create a list item here.