cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Question about Request approval

Jump to solution

Somehow and I'm not sure I would like to set a conditional for the request Approval. Under certain conditions I would like the Request to be CC to another email address. Everything else under the Approvals would be the same. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I could do this?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Question about Request approval

Jump to solution

You could use either a 'Set Condition' action or 'Run If' based on your needs. But to better assist you it would help to know the condition.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

You could also use the 'Switch' action.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

For the 'Switch' example: say you need a condition for a workflow variable.

You would select the workflow variable within the switch.Set the possible values. If conditionx have CC hard-coded to the email address. Select 'other' checkbox. That will allow any other value to go to that branch. Put that approval there with the generic CC.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

OK, that seems to work good I can set the variable. But how do I set the variable to Null. On the first switch I have set it to the email address but if it takes the other route I would like to set the value to null or something. This is so under some conditions the email is not CC.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi John,

I read a post on this site a little while ago and sorry I can find it right now. (and cant take credit for this)

To set a variable to a null value what they did was:-

- create a string variable called eg 'stringNULL' with a default value of empty.

- Use a set variable action to set the value of your CC email address to the stringNULL variable

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thank you Gavin. Works perfect.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thank you burkslm the switch worked perfect.

0 Kudos