Visual Studio Project Open Issue after install of K2 4.5 RTM

• 20 April 2010
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I recently did a fresh new install of K2 4.5 RTM version in my development environment. Howeverever, I was getting an "assertion failed - Index is 1 based" error whenever I opened an existing or newly created prohect in Visual Studio 2008 SP1, be it a K2 or any other project.

I tried reinstalling VS SP1 and .NET 3.5 SP1 and found no remedy to this problem until I removed Visual Studio 2008 Extentions for Sharepoint by chance and the problem seems to have disappeared.

For some reason, it seems to be related to this...can anyone identify the source of this problem...and a more appropriate remedy if one exists. I dont seem to find any direct resolution from these forums or google...about this error message other than ways about a debug patch related to assertion failures.

2 replies

Badge +1

Thank-you. Had the same problem with Visual Studio Extensions for SharePoint 1.3.

What was funny was that everything worked initially.

Badge +4

Hi,

Even I had the same issue. I continue by ignoring the issue and I dont find any issue in development and deployment.

Microsoft says that a condition which needs to hold true at some particular poing is missing.

I am investigating this and I will update soon.