cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jimmy
Nintex Newbie

Please see attached for rules 36 Rules that didn’t work!!

As mentioned previously, I'm new to the logic. In the solution that was suggested for one of the issues I’m having the “and” as part of the formula was used. Would “&&” and “and” be a valide form of the rule for Nintex?

"Solution shown below"

and(is edit mode,equals(my requester approver(display name),Current User(display name)))

If you could please look at my rules and help me with a rule that would be acceptable on the form providing a work around for the following two rules. 

Please see attached for rules 36 Rules that didn’t work!!

How can I write the following two rules to work on my form?

Capture.PNG

Re: Violating the Rule of 2 Logical Arguments

Thank you. Would the != also not work because of the effort of using it in a nested function or would another format work?

Could I make two rules that would do the same outcome as the original rule?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Violating the Rule of 2 Logical Arguments

Hi,

You could try writing your rule like:

and(is edit mode,equals(my requester approver(display name),Current User(display name)))

Also the second rule will not work.  The not() runtime function is designed to reverse the outcome of a rule in Nintex Forms.  It cannot be nested inside other functions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Violating the Rule of 2 Logical Arguments

I'm new to the logic we can use when forming a condition for a rule.

It seems that whenever I add the && it doesn't work, and it causes my other rules on the form to stop working.

How would I make the following rule work?

Capture.PNG

Labels: (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
sojanm
Nintex Newbie

Re: Please see attached for rules 36 Rules that didn’t work!!

Hi Jimmy,

It is better to use calculated control to get actual values userProfileLookup(my requester approver,"PreferredName") to cvApprover (calculated control name) , do the same for current user and use contains functions like contains(cvApprover,cvCurrUser)

0 Kudos
Jimmy
Nintex Newbie

Thank you Sojanm, would it be as simple as (is edit mode)&&(cvApprover,cvCurrUser)
(is edit mode)&&(not(cvApprover,cvCurrUser)

0 Kudos
sojanm
Nintex Newbie

Hope it fixed you issue
0 Kudos
jpmhuls
Nintex Newbie

@Jimmy 

As far as I know the && and || operators do no take any parameters. So, I don't think &&(cvApprover,cvCurrUser) will work.... It's either "A && B && C" or "AND(A,AND(B,C))".

But again I may be wrong as I never used &&(A,B).....