Error Loading K2 Workspace when signing in as non admin

• 21 October 2004
  • 6 replies

Badge +2
Hi, I got this weird problem that something when I log in into K2 Workspace using a normal user account. The workspace refuse to load and a white screen with some error message will be display instructing me to refresh the screen.

Even after refreshing I still cannot load the workspace.

But when I try logging in using a administrator account. K2 Workspace load properly. And after that, the normal user account will work properly as well.

This problem will surface once in a while and everytime I would need to log in using a admin account before a normal user account can log in.

What is the problem here?

Thanks for helping..

6 replies

Badge +2
The error that you are seeing is the general error display.

Please make the following change in your web.config file in the Workspace folder to show the true error.

<customErrors defaultRedirect="Error_Page.htm" mode="Off" />

This will reveal the true error. With that information we will be able then to assist you in determining the problem.

If it is urgent, please log a Support Call at k2workflow.com
Badge +2
Hi there,
Thanks for the information and I will try out and see what is the actual error that is causing this problem. and will keep you posted.

By the way, I realise at times when I load my Workspace, some scripting error may occurs in which some of the error says "Access is denied".

Do you have any idea what kind of rights must I grant for this error to be solved?

I am running Windows 2003 Server Ent and K2 Studio 2003 SP1
Badge +2
Hi, I have switch off the custom error page and when the errors occurs, it says something like Redirect URL cannot contain a NewLine Character. I have done a screen capture of the error and added it in as an attachment. Please help to take a look at it.

The following string is display in the Address bar of the browser:
http://abc.xyz.com/K2V3/Workspace/Workspace.aspx?ErrorLine=System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException%3a+Server+was+unable+to+process+request.+---%3e+System.IO.FileLoadException%3a+Access+is+denied%3a+'K2ROM'.%0aFile+name%3a+%22K2ROM%22%0a+++at+WorkSpaceService.FilterService.CreateSession(String+ServerName%2c+String+Connstr)%0a%0a%3d%3d%3d+Pre-bind+state+information+%3d%3d%3d%0aLOG%3a+DisplayName+%3d+K2ROM%2c+Version%3d3.13603.1.0%2c+Culture%3dneutral%2c+PublicKeyToken%3d10ba86d4fd9ffdf3%0a+(Fully-specified)%0aLOG%3a+Appbase+%3d+file%3a%2f%2f%2fC%3a%2fProgram+Files%2fK2.net+2003%2fK2WS%2fWorkspaceService%0aLOG%3a+Initial+PrivatePath+%3d+bin%0aCalling+assembly+%3a+WorkSpaceService%2c+Version%3d3.4138.1.0%2c+Culture%3dneutral%2c+PublicKeyToken%3dnull.%0a%3d%3d%3d%0a%0aLOG%3a+Attempting+download+of+new+URL+file%3a%2f%2f%2fC%3a%2fWINDOWS%2fMicrosoft.NET%2fFramework%2fv1.1.4322%2fTemporary+ASP.NET+Files%2fk2v3_workspaceservice%2fda49f0ca%2f57f2269d%2fK2ROM.DLL.%0aLOG%3a+Attempting+download+of+new+URL+file%3a%2f%2f%2fC%3a%2fWINDOWS%2fMicrosoft.NET%2fFramework%2fv1.1.4322%2fTemporary+ASP.NET+Files%2fk2v3_workspaceservice%2fda49f0ca%2f57f2269d%2fK2ROM%2fK2ROM.DLL.%0aLOG%3a+Attempting+download+of+new+URL+file%3a%2f%2f%2fC%3a%2fProgram+Files%2fK2.net+2003%2fK2WS%2fWorkspaceService%2fbin%2fK2ROM.DLL.%0a%0a+++---+End+of+inner+exception+stack+trace+---

This is kinda urgent could someone please advise me om what should I do?

Thanks.
Badge +2
Hi, now I have another problem.
When I log in as some user, irregradless of user rights, at times when I am loading "Process Overview - All" under the Report section I cannot see all the requests available and the following messege is displayed.

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.IndexOutOfRangeException: There is no row at position 0. at System.Data.DataRowCollection.get_Item(Int32 index) at WorkSpaceService.FilterService.GetData(Int32 ReportID, Int32 TemplID, String ParameterStr, String UserName, String SortOrder, String SortDir, Int32 NumberItems, Int32 PageNo) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Please help. Thanks.
Badge +7
To resolve the report view error, right click on the All view for Process Overview report, and select "Set as default".

To resolve "Redirect URI..." issue, please see posting at http://forum.k2workflow.com/viewtopic.php?t=36
Badge +2
Hi Samuel,

Have done just that. Thanks. It works.