Nintex Form Cascading Dropdown Box - Remove Prior Selections

• 17 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello - I am relatively new to Nintex Forms (with minimal experience using Infopath) - I have a cascading dropdown box that is working well.  But what I would like to do is, once a selection from that box has been selected, I'd like it to disappear from the dropdown options.

Specifically, I have a list of customers I need to answer questions on.  The dropdown box has my (let's say) 10 customer names.  Once I've selected Customer #1, and have answered the questions, and have submitted the form, when I go back in to answer more questions on my customers, I'd like Customer #1 to have disappeared from the dropdown box, leaving me with 9 customers left to answer questions on.

Is this possible, and if so, any guidance/thoughts on how to achieve?  As I mentioned I'm relatively new to Nintex so any ideas would be appreciated!

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

After the form is submitted have the workflow delete the customer from the lookup list.
Badge +1
Thanks for the suggestion - I actually was thinking along the same lines, but unfortunately I'm also quite new to Workflow. I played a bit with the Delete Item task, but didn't have any luck. If you can give a high-level description of exactly what you'd do it would be really appreciated! Thanks
Badge +1

Never mind I finally got the Delete Item action to work - thank you for the suggestion as that's the direction I was heading!