Assigning Flexi Task to a Group Mailbox

• 13 August 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge +7

Same issue as Brad Jorgensen​ here: Assign task to group but send notification to shared mailbox = no notification on delegation

My users don't want the flexi task notifications going to their personal inboxes, but instead to a group mailbox.

Problem is, sending the task links to this mailbox results in the users getting to the task form, but with the error that they are not permitted to respond to the task. This is, obviously, because they are logged in as themselves, and not as the mailbox (that received the notification) itself. Even if they do have a task they could respond to, the link in the email does not append the right taskID for them to access it.

How do I get around this?

2 replies

Badge +11

Hi Dave,

maybe you can turn off the task notification and send a custom mail notification to your group account?

Then you can still assign the task to the group members individually.

Could this be working for you?

Badge +7

Yes, I tried that initially but it looks like that doesn't work with flexi tasks as the task ID can't be grabbed.

Populate task id as soon as the task is created

In speaking with Brad Jorgensen​ over at Assign task to group but send notification to shared mailbox = no notification on delegation I weighed all the options and decided that instead of sending the task link directly, I instead provided a link to a filtered view of the workflow tasks, only showing Open tasks and once assigned to that group. This adds one intermediary step but I liked this approach overall better than the other options.