Are Nintex form designer and Nintex workflow separated apps?

Badge +2

I don't find Nintex form designer in my library! However, I have the Nintex workflow option in the dropdown list from start a workflow. what does that mean?  

should I install an exe to have it or my company didn't buy it in the first place. I imagine that Nintex form designer is apart from the same Nintex product, is that right?  or they are two different products the client should buy both separately.

attached an image from site feature where I have Nintex workflow 2016 activated but there is no Nintex workflow form designer as a service to be activated.

2 replies

Badge +7

They are two separate products.

However, when installed, the Forms piece will not show up as a feature that needs to be actived on each site collection and site. The Forms product will simply automatically be available as a button in the ribbon.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

nintex forms are set of site collections features that have to be activated first.

until activated, the button doesn't show on the ribbon

https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nintex2013/help/#Forms/RootCategory/Configuration/Nintex.Forms.Admin.ActivatingNF.htm%3FTocPath%3DForms%7CAdministration%2520and%2520Configuration%7C_____2