I am new to the Nintex Community and trying to get up to speed on Nintex Forms and Workflows in a SharePoint environment. SharePoint 2013 and Nintex 2013.
Trying to solve what I thought would be a simple issue, and have been searching this site and googling for several days:
1) Developed a custom list, used for submitting and managing Change Requests
2) Creating notification workflows to advise the Change Request submitter of changes or progress in the change process.
3) The first notification workflow, started when a list item is New, is intended to inform the submitter via email that their request has been received.
4) The email is intended to include within the body of the email, certain columns from the newly created list item, ie, Item ID, Title of the Item, text and date fields that were entered as part of the New Item process.
5) The notification workflow fires okay, and is sent to the intended email addresses.
6) The problem is that column values that I am trying to extract from the New item are not populated; only the reference name is showing from where I built the notification email.
7) I actually had this working briefly where the column value was correctly being extracted, and then it stopped and I cannot find any way to correct it. I have researched and repeatedly tried "Pause for", "Update Item", and other proposed solutions I have found around the internet. I've probably devoted 10+ hours on trial and error approach and have gotten no where.
Please - assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Solved! Go to Solution.
It is better to insert the reference values after drafting the content. References are bit sensitive on the editor. If you add and edit content after inserting the references, it might lose its reference.
So just try inserting again, you can try editing the html format also.
Hi Mark and welcome to the community!
You certainly shouldn't be having issues with something this straightforward so don't worry - we'll get you on the right track soon!
Just to check a few basics, is your workflow a list workflow? (not a site workflow)
Is it set to execute upon item creation? You can change this in the workflow settings and/or when you publish the workflow.
Then as a simple test, just have one action in your workflow - a send notification email and in the body of that email, you would have added a few of the columns using the add reference button. Could you send a screen shot of this action?
To those who responded to my question so promptly thank you. It simply never occurred to me to reenter the references. You were quite correct in your assessment. I remember having done some additional editing/formatting of the email content after setting the references, and that would explain why it worked and then did not work.
I see where the email content area is very finicky and if you're not careful in moving the cursor around the screen, it is too easy to inadvertently change the font, style, and other formatting controls as you're trying to move the cursor to the top of the frame in order to simply save the content.
Thank you again.