cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Nintex forms error - item does not exist

The issue with Nintex Forms 2013 is as follows:

I have created a list, and a simple form using Nintex just for evaluation. I was able to create a form quite easily as the list columns appear automatically and Nintex gives me a standard layout to work with. I was able to save and publish the form. Now when i go back to the list and click on 'New item', I get a server error. I am not able to create a new item. Editing or viewing an existing item does not give me this error. Some items were created before publishing the Nintex form. I'm unable to add a new item after publishing the Nintex form. Upon going to sharepoint logs, i was able to find the error details but have no idea how to resolve this. ULS logs gave me the following info:

Application error when access /Lists/Test/NewForm.aspx, Error=Item does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user. 

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPList.GetItemById(String strId, Int32 id, String strRootFolder, Boolean cacheRowsetAndId, String strViewFields, Boolean bDatesInUtc, Boolean bExpandQuery)   

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPList.GetItemById(String strId, Int32 id, String strRootFolder, Boolean cacheRowsetAndId, String strViewFields, Boolean bDatesInUtc)   

at Nintex.Workflow.NWListWorkflowContext.Hhs=()

System.ArgumentException: Item does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user.  

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPList.GetItemById(String strId, Int32 id, String strRootFolder, Boolean cacheRowsetAndId, String strViewFields, Boolean bDatesInUtc, Boolean bExpandQuery)   

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPList.GetItemById(String strId, Int32 id, String strRootFolder, Boolean cacheRowsetAndId, String strViewFields, Boolean bDatesInUtc)   

at Nintex.Workflow.NWListWorkflowContext.Hhs=()

Getting Error Message for Exception System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.Exception: Cannot find item with id 0 in list 'Test'. Check the user has

at least read permissions. Current user: SHAREPOINT\system. ---> System.ArgumentException: Item does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user.   

at Nintex.Workflow.NWListWorkflowContext.Hhs=()     -

Labels: (3)
14 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Nintex forms error - item does not exist

We're running into this same issue. Hopefully we'll get an answer today Emily Billing

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hello,

A couple of quick questions:

1)  What does the form do when you click save when attempting to create a new item?  Is there a screen shot of this that we can see?

2)  Are you sure you have permissions on the list for the user you are currently logged in as?

3) Are you able to preview the form without any issues?

4) Does the form properly display on the items that were previously created prior to having the form?

5) What version Nintex Forms and Sharepoint are you using?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

mmatsako

From my perspective the issue is occurring at the Workflow task item, The item is being created in the workflow tasks but the assigned user isn't able to open the task.  As a site collection administrator I'm able to view the task but since it's not assigned to me I can't act on it.

In my case I'm using SharePoint 2013 RTM (although the web application in 2010 mode).

Nintex Workflow 2013 (3.0.8.0)

Nintex Forms 2013 ( 2.3.4.0 )

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi Greg,

Can you make sure that the users who are to approve the tasks have permissions on the task list?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

mmatsako

I do believe they have permission to the task list. They can see the contents of the task list but when they attempt to edit the error will occur.  Permissions show "Contribute,Limited"

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

mmatsako

Since this seems to be some sort of permissions snafu, I've been playing around with different combinations. As of this post it seems the user has to have Full Control or Manage Hierarchy to the task list in order to render the edit form.

I can't expect this would be desirable from a security perspective. Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi Greg,

Please reference this old post which might help a bit:  Nintex Connect - Request Approval : Permissions for this list Workflow Tasks

Thanks

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

mmatsako

Thanks for the old post, its certainly describing this problem but if I'm reading it correctly the answer is summed up like this. 

"If you choose to have fine grained permissions in you site (e.g unique permissions on lists) then be prepared to grant your users higher than needed access, otherwise they won't be able to interact with the workflow"

If my understanding is correct then this is a huge limitation for workflow, and I assume this is a SharePoint workflow limitation since the old post was from 2011. Had this limitation been a Nintex issue, surely it would have been addressed?

Can you confirm or deny?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

As an aside:   Are you using a Flexitask to assign these tasks, if so you might be able to change the permissions for that item- there are probably a bunch of different ways to tackle various situations.  Like all things security related, it'll be highly dependent on what your overall architecture will allow for:

With the flexitask you basically set the item permissions before and after the task has been completed.   This might allow for the flexibility that you need.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply