Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
papancsev
Nintex Newbie

Nintex form bug - Using decision in rule

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I have an issue with Nintex Form rules, I have a flexi task where I would like to hide some fields until a specified decision is selected. I checked my custom decision values are '444' and '445'.

Now I created a rule to the fields I would like to hide until decision '444' is selected:

not(equals(Decision,444))
also I tried with
Decision != 444

Non of them are working in any way, and I know the formula is right because I used the same in other flexi task form.

Is it a Nintex bug or I forgot something?

Robert

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
emha
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Nintex form bug - Using decision in rule

Jump to solution

- check developer console for any error. if they are any there, fix them first otherwise other calculations/rules/js code nned not work reliably

- try to build formula once again from scratch. if you copy&pasted it, it might look correct but it simply doesn't work.

- try to put single formula's expressions into calculated value control and proof check they evaluate as you expect

0 Kudos
papancsev
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Marian,

Unfortunately non of this helps as no error in the console, I built the formula from scratch and the decision in the formula otherwise is correct. 

0 Kudos
emha
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

could you post a screenshot that shows how does it look like with my latest suggestion from above?

have you checked you haven't forgotten to tick 'Hide' checkbox in rule definition?

I find myself to forget on that and then I'm surprised when rule doesn't work

alexjolynintex
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi ,

have you tried to add some "" around 444?

It should be the correct spelling. 

0 Kudos
papancsev
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Thank you for your comments!

I found out the rule not works in preview mode, but after its published it works in the live form...I always test everything with preview before publishing (as normal for every developer?).

So when using Decision in rule you can't test it in preview only in the live form!

View solution in original post