Just Illustration of a business process (end-2-end)

• 11 March 2009
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +1

Hello all,

Hope I can get a little help.

Can I use K2 Blackpoint to describe a workflow (no functionalities needed)

I only want to have a “picture” of the workflow and each activity in the workflow will be links to SharePoint sites.

So I will only use the workflow to illustrate the business process (end-2-end). And again no email notifications, document handler etc just links to SharePoint sites where the user can find documentation/information about the activity. (Knowledge management)

What is the best way to do this?

Regards
Ulrich

2 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

I don't think K2 is the best platform for this (cause it's basicly form implementing and executing workflows). There are several 3rd party tools for modelling, (MS Visio, EA, etc - for simple ; ARIS, etc - in enterprise env. comprehensive modelling and optimizing toolset for complex bpms ) I advice you to use plain Visio and and publish it to a sharepoint document library, or just export it as a webpage. (this could be also published to the sharepoint)

http://www.wssdemo.com/Pages/visio.aspx

Regards,

Maxim

Badge +1

Hi Maxim,

MS Visio has come to mind but the problem is it doesn’t use a repository like other BPMS.

The creative freedom are to large in visio. It’s important that the end user that models the process only have what they need (Business events, conditions, activity) and they can re-use the predefined objects.

It’s also important that the user can draw new processes that uses already created activities (read repository).

Process A:

Activity 1 links to SharePoint site 1

Activity 2 links to SharePoint site 2

Activity 3 links to SharePoint site 3

Process B:

Activity 2 links to SharePoint site 2

Activity 3 links to SharePoint site 3

Activity X links to SharePoint site X

Regards
Ulrich