How many Application Pools for a Single K2 Box install that will connect to Sharepoint 2013

• 21 October 2015
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +10

Trying to complete teh installation, we create 2 application pools for the Web Application and another for the Smart Forms.

K2WebAppPool

K2SmartFormAppPool

I'm not sure if this is the best approach, but seems like I remember in Sharepoint the recommendation was to use as possible a single Application Pool.

Just trying to consolidate and make sure the server run as smooth as possible

Any recommendation will be appreciate it.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

I am not sure what the recommendations regarding application pools are, but below are something for consideration:

1.  I believe some K2 web application (such as K2 Workspace) requires an application pool with .net framework 2.0 with classic managed pipeline mode; while others can run on .net framework v4.0 with Integrated pipeline mode

2.  With multiple application pools, you can tweak some of the settings for the application pool itself that may only apply to certain web applications 

Badge +9

K2 support advised us to make separate application pools and IIS sites.  I think originally I tried 1 and they said it's more future-proof to have two.  So if you have 1 you could have issues later as you increase use of it.