AddAttachment Workflow Error

• 10 April 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I have a workflow for a request that branches out based on the input of the request into 5 separate lists. It adds the attachment to the appropriate list in another site in SharePoint via the call web service AddAttachment. All 5 branches are set up the same way and for some reason some days they will all successfully attach and others they tend to fail several times during the day. I can try ending the worfklow and starting again and they will just continue to fail. The only way I have been successful at running the errored items is waiting until the next day or sometimes hours later. I have already tried recreating the web service action in the workflow and nothing. Any ideas or suggestions?

Error:

Failed to invoke web service. Error returned from server: <soap:Fault xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><faultcode>soap:Server</faultcode><faultstring>Exception of type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.SoapServer.SoapServerException' was thrown.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

this is not complete error message, this unfortunatelly doesn't tell too much.

configure error handling within web service action(s) to store error message to a variable. send the variable as a plaintext mail to yourself

Badge +1

Of course when I am trying to figure this out and the whole day none of them error. -__-    I will be back once I have those errors. Thank you!