Save option not coming for hyperlink control

• 5 August 2017
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I have a requirement where I need to download a file from sharepoint using a hyperlink and this hyperlink will be a in a smartform. This need to be performed in IE specifically. File will be a xlsx file. I transferred the url to the hyper link control and when I clicked the hyper link I get option only to Open and Cancel. If I get the document into a File Attachment control and click on it then I will get Open/Save/Cancel options but not for hyper link.

Is there any way I can enable Save when I click hyperlink? 

Regards,

Madhu

11003i441CD14664257342.jpg

1 reply

Badge +8

Madhu,

To understand the question a little better. Are you trying to save this file locally to the machine or are you trying to save it in attachments? If it is just a hyperlink to an XLS file in SharePoint you might go into the library where that file is hosted and in the advanced setting under library setting change the option to open in browser instead of open in client. There is a catch to this. The open in browser option will not work with an XLS that contains macros. If you are simply trying to have the file save on the machine as soon as the hyperlink is selected then you will more than likely need code as everyone's browser settings for IE will be different. 

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Bryan Peters