On document upload workflow K2 worklist task is not getting created ?

• 28 April 2016
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have seen below THIS video from K2 website.

But no tasks are created after creating workflow on document added. will it get automatically added after uploading document ? Because we are using "User Task" step. In workflow designer i have also tried Tab: smartobjects and then selected "my k2 tasks" then "create list item my k2 task" but that is also norking. Is there any other to add tasks in K2 worklist ? Any help is appriciated. Thanks.

1 reply

Badge +8

Have you verified that a workflow instance is actually starting when the document is uploaded? (You can use the reports page to determine this). If there is some misconfiguration, the event listener in SP might not pick up that a document was uploaded, and the workflow instance is never started, that might explain why there is no task.

If a workflow instance did start, then use the View Flow report to determine which user the user task is assigned to, or check the reports to see if the workflow ended in Error state.

I noticed you logged this in Appit but the video you linked to is for SP2010. I would recommend that you peruse the tutorials in the Appit documentation instead, to see how to build SharePoint-integrated solutions using K2 Appit for SharePoint. See http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2appit/UserGuide/1.3/default.htm#Tutorials/Tutorials.htm%3FTocPath%3DTutorials|_____0