Removing a no-longer-licensed form from a list

Badge +1

I have a bit of an unusual situation that I hope someone can help with. 

About 6 months ago, I created a custom form for a list in Sharepoint/Nintex 2010 at a company I was working for.  That list has now been migrated to a Sharepoint O365 installation at a new company as a result of the sale of the business.  The new company does not have a license for Nintex, and I would like to remove the custom form from the list.  However, I cannot access the Designer screen to discontinue use of the form.  Is there a way to remove the form without having to recreate the entire list from scratch and migrate all of the data?  There's no desire on the part of the new company to license additional software at this time.

Thanks.

4 replies

Badge +4

Have you tried to create a new content type and make it as default.

Badge +1

Tried that - the new content type comes up in a generic, SP-generated form, but the previous content type (Item) still comes up in the Nintex form.  I need to get rid of the custom form completely for the existing items.

Badge +4

You can't delete the content type it will give you an error saying it's still in use. You just uncheck it from Content Types and make the new one as default from content type order on to be visible.

Badge +4

So, you have create a new content type exactly with same columns that are in the old custom content type and update the content type to new content type using a workflow.