Visual Studio 2010 - Process Helper?

• 1 March 2012
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Greetings all,

Okay, this may sound like a dumb question; but here it goes anyway!

When in K2 Studio (which I have most of my experience with), I have a Process Helper; which I use to associate a SharePoint List event (such as Item Created) with the start of a process.  I simply drag the SharePoint List event to the start node of a process and that is associated with the process; i.e. "Start when item created".

I am now moving over to Visual Studio 2010 for all my K2 blackpearl development and don't see the same Process Helper available to me.  In this environment, how to I tell a process what SharePoint List event will kick it off?

Thank you!

4 replies

Badge +10

Hi Bob

The SharePoint Events Process or the SharePoint Workflow Integration Process wizard is what you're looking for.

Visual Studio doesn't have the process helper so its a couple extra steps.

I hope this helps.

Tim

Badge +1

Hi Tim,

That is what I have used to create the process itself.  However, there are no options to select the list/library event that triggers the start of the workflow.  Where would I find this?

Thank you...

Badge +10

You need to rerun the wizard (from the icon in the top right hand of the process in Visual studio) and choose the Advance option (may have to click the back button first to get to it).  Then you'll see the different events you can tie the process to.

Badge +1

Tim,

That is what I was looking for!  Thank you very much; my K2 workflow day is now complete and I can sleep in peace! :)

Thank you again...