Deploy a web based infopath form in K2 Blackpoint with custom code

• 22 October 2009
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hello again!

Is there a way to deploy a web based infopath form with custom code in k2 studio ? When I tried it regardless if you set it to web browser, it still opens in the client application.

Thanks GURU MASTERS!

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Custom code is not supported in BlackPoint. This is supported in BalckPearl though. You can try using a reference event but I’m not sure if this will help the cause 

Vernon

Badge +1

Hi. Thanks again. Was able to publish infopath custom code in k2 blackpoint.

Badge

An InfoPath form containing code must generally be administratively deployed ( using stsadm.exe or via central management ) and activated to the site collection.

As far as I know all K2 studio attempts to do is deposit the form into a forms document library as if it had no code, which is resulting in the form opening up in the InfoPath client.

One of the ways to then resolve this opening in InfoPath issue is to download the form sign it, and re-upload it to the correct location.

The other would be use stsadm/ central management to deploy the form and activate it to the correct site collection.

Badge +5

I'm assuming jrdapogs that you were able to get this working?

However, here is the procedure to deploy InfoPath forms with code-behind to work with K2 blackpoint.

http://www.stevenboldt.com/blog/post/2009/09/15/How-to-publish-K2-BlackPoint-workflow-InfoPath-Form-Services-with-code-behind-to-SharePoint.aspx

Cheers!

Steve