Can a workflow action get data in emails?

• 16 June 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +7

Hi Everyone,

Is it possible or is there a workflow action that can get data to an email?

Technically this is my goal. I have a list with 3 items on it: everyday a workflow will run and check my email to look for an announcement email. Then the workflow will get the subject of that announcement and update one of the list item.

I already did the updating part all that's left to do is get data on my email.

Regards,

Rogelio

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Rogelio,

if I understood you right you want Nintex to monitor your mails and if a specific mail comes in you want to update an item in your list based on the information in the mail.

I don't think you can / or should make Nintex monitor your inbox as workflows are not running all the time and you would have to check your mailbox too often.

However you could set up a document library and enable incoming mail for it. In your mailbox you could add a rule that if a specific message comes in it should forward it to your document library. On your document library you could then have a workflow, that analyses your email and updates your item.

Don't have enough time to test it on my own now though but it should work.

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +7

Hi ‌,

I'll try this out and I'll let you know immediately if I have questions.

Thank you for this suggestion it will really help me a lot.

Regards

Rogelio

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Not sure what stack you're working on here, but I know Flow can do this, so I would imagine the Nintex Workflow Cloud can do this as well...perhaps?!?!?

Badge +7

Hi ‌,

We're on the process of migrating our On Premise SharePoint to Office 365 SharePoint. Is this still doable in that environment? 

Thank you!