cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
beckettj
Nintex Newbie

Nintex Forms on Flexi Tasks can cause Document Check In

I still have to absolutely confirm this in a test environment, but here's what I just witnessed and verified (just lost most of the morning looking at it)...

If you connect fields in a Workflow Task using a Nintex Form to workflow variables, it causes the document related to the workflow to silently check in when the task is submitted.

In my case I had a library workflow to do approvals of versioned documents - with a state machine with a "management" branch, where the user has a flexi task to choose the next route for the state machine to take. The flexi task uses a Nintex Form, and has an extra field on it connected to a workflow variable. Here's the clue to what was going on - when the task was submitted, the form took some time to submit - following that the workflow complained that the document was not checked out (even though it's approval status was still "Draft").

To resolve it, I added a conditional block after the rogue task, requesting a checkout if the "checked out by" field is empty (and then waited for the checkout to happen).

Another solution would be to use a "Request Data" task instead of the Flexi Task - but as we know, the Flexi Task has reminders and escalations that the other tasks do not.

Is the document check-in a bug ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mapeacock
Nintex Newbie

Re: Nintex Forms on Flexi Tasks can cause Document Check In

Hi Jonathan,

This does sound unusual. Does your workflow or form update any of the columns on the library list item? This would certainly require a checkout to be required before that action could take place.

Cheers,

Mark

0 Kudos
beckettj
Nintex Newbie

Re: Nintex Forms on Flexi Tasks can cause Document Check In

Here's the weird thing - the document is already checked out, and has already been updated by the workflow several times. The workflow task does not update the document directly - only a workflow variable. I thought it might be that the workflow task obviously runs in the context of the assigned user, instead of the owner of the workflow, but that doesn't make sense because I have other (stock) tasks that don't increment the version.

I need to do more testing to narrow it down.

0 Kudos