Feedback - Nintex Live Forms for Office 365

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi all,

As many of you know, we do not have Nintex Live Forms for Office 365.

To assist us in build the best solutions, could you please comment below with the following:

• Use cases you have for Nintex Live Forms for Office 365,
  • the authentication provider you would require (anonymous, Microsoft, etc),
  • the must have features/controls for a Live form, and
  • how you would host the Live Form (embedded, own page, etc).

I appreciate your feedback, it helps us build better products for you.

Regards,

Euan

86 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Yes, Capchta would be a great feature for anonymous forms.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hey ‌! Any update on where this is at with the team? Is it still Under Review (seems like it was in February this was last tagged) or is it in the pipelines now?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi ‌,

Well, my position would be to go for Nintex Forms for Nintex Workflow Cloud. Is there functionality that you need that it does not offer?

Cheers,

Euan

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Euan Gamble‌ I think Rhia is not alone with her question. Nintex Workflow Cloud Forms indeed offer the "public form" functionality, but sometimes what you can create with the Pixel Perfect form is far more advanced than what currently you can achieve with NWC forms (they are far more basic than RWD forms for O365).

Rhia Wieclawek‌ for simple questionnaires NWC seems to be sufficient, you can embed it in wherever you need. Have you gave it a try btw?

Regards,

Tomasz

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I agree with Rhia Wieclawek‌ and Tomasz Poszytek‌ here... the public forms in NWC certainly addresses many uses cases, but not all of them. That being said, I'm mighty appreciative of the new responsive forms for NWC as it has addressed most requirements that I've seen lately.

Euan Gamble‌ - it would be great to hear about what features are planned for Responsive Forms vNext.  Also, should we assume that the Public Forms for NWC is the long term answer for public forms for O365?  If so, I think that's fine, as I'd rather see one product with more functionality than two similar products with fewer features.  Although for end customers on O365, the design experience is clearly not as integrated as regular Nintex Forms for O365.  Perhaps future versions of Nintex Forms for O365 could link users to NWC form designer?

Regards,

Tom Castiglia

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Oh, yes, I've muddled with NWC Forms extensively -- my client wants to be able to do complicated calculations dependent on what a user selects from a dropdown and display that on the form. Can't do that, at present. Think along the lines of "Calories Burned" or "TDEE" calculators.

So, yeah, I guess I want Pixel Perfect for NWC!

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi ‌,

If you can give me a specific function that you would build in Classic Forms, I will ensure we can replicate it in Nintex Forms for Nintex Workflow Cloud when it comes. I am planning these features now.

Cheers,

Euan

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Lets chat at Nintex Xchange ‌. Now is the time to request everything and anything you would like to see in Nintex Forms for Nintex Workflow Cloud.

Cheers,

Euan

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi ‌,

Can you be a bit more specific in the functionality you would like to see? We are very much in active development of Nintex Forms for Nintex Workflow Cloud and would be good to know what you see are 'killer features'.

Thanks,
Euan

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I'll reply to you here instead of email for the benefit of others.

So one thing I needed to do today was fn-padleft(ID,10,0) -- did this via workflow instead after sending the NWC form and having it create an item in SPO and using the WF to do that.

Then needed to take fn-sum((X*1.19),(Y*0.04),(Z*1.19)) and then divide by another digit.

However an upcoming form would require the ability to do calculations based on lookups.

Example: Internal marketing item purchase. Dropdown: shirt, jacket, tie. Compare item chosen in dropdown to list. So fn-lookup(dropdown,list,columnname) (or something like that) for cost. Then take that cost and * by the tax rate returned by a look-up list based on province / state.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Perfect. These are good examples. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi Euan Gamble‌,

I must admit that I am more on internal side, my customers are not planning creation of publicly accessible forms, thus I cannot tell you which specific features I would expect to have in NWC forms, however all those  regarding lookup fields, both to data stored for ex. in SharePoint or OneDrive, lookup for users (SharePoint or AAD), dynamic calculations (numeric, string, dates) are highly needed.

I would also like to see the "repeating" section control

Regards,

Tomasz

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Oh, and that thing with the geolocation and detection of user-browser related information - something that was partially feasible in Pixel Perfect forms, ex. using JS - get user location and details about the device, browser, etc... Or - just the possibility to inject ex. Google Analytics tracking code - something to get more insights about the users.

Regards,

Tomasz

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Another vote here for repeating sections. 

Badge +7

Depending on if you are using Office 365 would you ever consider using MS Forms for internal survey's? That is what they are built for. Just wondering more than anything.

Badge +7

Plus 1 for repeating sections

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi Euan Gamble‌ - 

Here's my wish list...

1. I tend to have a lot forms that use repeating sections.  I know public facing forms don't often have requirements for repeating sections.  But there are some major use cases for this, such as an employment application... to capture education and work experience.
  2. I also tend to use a lot of panels in my forms and like to use rules to conditionally show/hide the panels in order to implement a tabbed interface.  This is important, but ideally, have full support for the concept of views or pages in the form would be even better.
  3. As Rhia Wieclawek‌ mentioned, I'd love to see support for inline functions and something like a Web.
  4. Controls for WEB Request, SQL Request and SharePoint Lookups, including:
    • Populate values for a drop down list dynamically from a database, REST call or SP list
    • Populate a single value control with a query that returns a scalar value

Regards,

Tom Castiglia

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

+1 for repeating sections

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Thanks ‌. I know ive asked what you'd like to see a few times, but its always good to hear your updated priorities now that we are out in the market a little longer.

Can you expand on the functions you would like to see? 

Thanks,

Euan

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Yes, I started looking at these as a possible alternative when we move to O365 for a lot of our internal "LMS"-like processes/systems that have been built or being asked for.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

HI Euan Gamble‌ -

If I had to prioritize, I'd start with these:

• Lookup
  • IsCurrentUser
  • DoesMemberExistInAudience
  • GetQueryString
  • IsMemberofGroup
  • inArray

But also, all of the string manipulation functions.

I concur with all the functionality listed here, has there been any update on this request? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Michael Street‌,

The feedback is being considered into our roadmap. We will be announcing more of our roadmap at our annual conference in February.

Cheers,

Euan

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I will be front & center, staring.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Don't blink either Rhia.  That'll keep Euan on his toes!