Hi, I have the same issue, any time I add an Initiation form, for instance having 3 simple people picker fields to get user to be used by workflow and update current item properties with the same, the workflow takes approximately 30 sec to complete the starting phase.
I have tried Dave suggestion (pause for 5 min at the very beginning of workflow) but the result is exactly the same, more 30 sec waiting system feedback.
I have noticed that the delay to obtain the landing page is significantly minor in case the form is a task form inside the workflow.
I think that there is something not properly working in the communication between Nintex Form and Workflow DB in case of an initiation form only, maybe this occurs only in some cases ....or for some misconfiguration of Form or Workflow DB.
I have also another doubt: is it possible that this dealy is due to the fact that my 3 people picker fields are updating the current item where the workflow is running? This maybe could be the root cause
Solved! Go to Solution.
is it possible that this dealy is due to the fact that my 3 people picker fields are updating the current item where the workflow is running
I would say this could be the reason.
can you try to connect start form fields to workflow variables and then make list item update within workflow (after pause)?
Said that I need in my user case, I need to associate form controls to list item column because I need to check and possibly modify existing values, I have tried your suggestion and it seems slightly better: approximately 20 second using variables associated with controls instead of 30 using list column
Anyway this is still too much for an appropriate user experience, also please note that the "pause for" action in my case makes not any difference (and it is also not so much acceptable in some user cases).
Some more workarounds?
After further investigation looking at "nintex" in SharePoint Logs, I found that there were a lot of Unexpected and High/Medium errors related to the processes "Nintex.External.Relay.Services.ex" and "w3wp.exe" (these last one related to "...item....NintexForms/InitiateWorkflow.aspx.....").
According to other Nintex community articles, I have tried to disable Nintex External Connector and many other tricks, but nothing.
Finally I have found the root cause: simply the C drive of Domain Controller Server was out of free space, and maybe because of this both the Nintex Forms and SharePoint Workflow infrastructure was taking a long time to verify user credentials during the processing of workflow start: the strange side is that no other symptoms were evident in other workflows without initiation form (maybe because my for was having people picker controls).
Now I know that Domain Controller Server may cause this issue, even if no any evidence was shown in Event Viewer of SharePoint server
Thank you anyway for “pause for” tip, surely useful in some other cases.