AD groups in k2 roles

Badge +8
Why is that k2 is not able to resolve roles which has AD groups in them to individual users 

7 replies

Badge

Hi Maxpirate,

How do you mean K2 roles are not resolving AD Groups to individual users? In what context is this happening? Meaning where are you using the Role where it is not resolving the groups to users?

Regards

Badge +8
I added one of the AD Groups in a k2 role along with some users..And assigned that role as destination in a activity. but the tasks were not assigned to people in the group of that k2role only to the users it was assigned
Badge

Hmmm. That's interesting. Because I just did the same test and the users in my group all received their task.

Did you add the group into the "Include" collection?

Regards

Badge +8
yes obviously
Badge +3

Are the users contained within a group which is nested within the group that you are adding to the role?

Badge +8
No, they are not part of that group
Badge +5

I would surely like to know what the solution to this issue was. We are having issues with picking AD groups as the destination from an InfoPath web enabled form. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't with the error of "an activity must have at least one destination". My developers think it has something to do with the way the AD groups are created in AD (naming, special characters, spaces, etc.). I think it has to do with the way we are implementing the work flow. The smart object we use returns the name of the AD group but the users never make into K2. There are no users resolved in the audit trail.

Also what is the "Include Collection?"