Is it possible to update a nintex form control to a list column without losing the existing data

• 11 November 2015
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +2

I have a nintex form which has a series of fields which a connected to the list columns. For some reason two of the fields did not connect to the list columns and are currently just named controls in the nintex forms. I want the value of the named control to be pulled through into the relevant list column. However, the form is currently live and has over 1000 items. If i connect the named control to the list column i am going to lose all of the existing data for that control.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how i can set the list column to equal the value of the named control?

2 replies

Badge +6

Hi Renee,

Start thought Bubble...

I have not tried this, but I think it should be possible to have a workflow constructed with a Query List control that would interrogate the items in your list and pull out the Named Control non-connected fields from the "FormData" property. This FormData property will hold all the form fields that you do not have connected to columns. In theory, you would be able to update the original list items with the Named Control Values, placing them into the correct fields that they should have been connected to. After you have done that, you would then change your form to have the missing fields connected to the correct columns.

End thought Bubble....wink.png

Regards,

Mark

Badge +2

Thanks Mark,

I managed to resolve this by adding the workflow action Query XML to find the control value in the form and push that into a variable.

I then set the list column field with the variable value.

Once the workflow was triggered for all items i then connected the control to the list column so the two are now connected.

Thanks for your input