cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Monika
Nintex Newbie

Need help

Need to understand how to show text box on selecting different values on choice (check-box) option

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
brianknight
Nintex Newbie

Re: Need help

This can easily done with rules.  I put together a quick demo using a drop down control and a three separate single line of text boxes. 

Capture2.JPG

Capture.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Here is the form:

Capture4.JPG

The choice control just has three options "Show 1, Show 2, and Show 3".  The rule on each text box only shows when the choice control has the correct selection.

Capture6.JPG

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Monika
Nintex Newbie

Can you please me arranging checkboxes vertically as well

0 Kudos
brianknight
Nintex Newbie

Depending on the form type will determine how check boxes will line up.  I have Nintex for on premise Sharepoint 2016.  The classic form style essentially allows you to drag and drop the controls pretty much where ever you want on the form.  The responsive form template, is a little more restrictive when it comes to control placement.  You can stack items on top of each other.  You might have to fiddle with it to get the lineup exactly how you want it.  Does this answer your question?

0 Kudos
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

At present it is not possible to make other controls hide/unhide based on a choice control configured as Check Boxes. It works for Drop down and Option Buttons only.
0 Kudos
brianknight
Nintex Newbie

Yes, use the Not and Contains rule.  

Capture.JPG 

Here is an example of the rule I used

Capture2.JPG

Choice is the name of my multi-select choice control. You'd need to place this rule on each check box and select "Hide" within the rule.

Here is the actual form.

Capture3.JPG

Hope this helps

Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Thanks Brian,

I stand corrected. I could never get this to work and thought it was either not possible or a bug but I never tried using a contains() runtime function.
0 Kudos