IF function with NW 2013

• 17 August 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +6

Trying to build an IF function with NW 2013, but instead of receiving the value from the IF formula, I keep receiving the function as the result (i.e. fn-IF(......)). I read a similar post (No IF Function in NW 2010) and feels like a similar issue with what I am currently experiencing. My IF statement is simply stating that if the input value on my Nintex form is blank, the answer is No, and if not blank, Yes.

I am trying to add this value in the subject line of an email workflow, but currently I don't have the IF statement availability from the Inline Functions. And so the result I keep receiving in my subject line is the full function statement and not the value from the form.

Any thoughts? Still new to Nintex so on the upside of the learning process.

3 replies

Badge +9

Hi ,

Yes in workflow you wont see the If() condition in inline function. You can use either 'Set a Condition' or 'Run If' actions on a SharePoint list field to get the result.

206780_pastedImage_1.png

Thanks,

Lakshmi C

Badge +6

Thanks Lakshmi.

What would be the best route to accomplish my task? In my form, I collect a value from user input. If that value is blank, I want to populate "No", and if a value is provided, populate "Yes". I want this No or Yes to be in my subject line of an email that gets sent. Not too familiar yet with 'Run If' and 'Set a Condition' yet so any steps would be great. Thanks. 

Badge +6

I was able to complete the task. I used 'Set a Condition' and then 'Update Item' for the Yes/No conditions to populate Yes or No in my subject line of the email.